Friday, April 6, 2012

Going Beyond Adventures on “America Revealed”

Does the name Yul Kwon ring any bells?  Yes, you guessed it…he’s the winner of Survivor: Cook Islands 2006.  But more importantly, he’s now the host of the new PBS four-part series America Revealed.  And this isn’t your typical hosting gig.  Yul jumps out of aeroplanes in Kansas, climbs to the top of wind turbines in the Columbia River Gorge and takes part in a giant tomato fight in Nevada.  Talk about checking off things on the bucket list!

AMERICA REVEALED goes beyond outdoor adventures.  The program takes viewers on a journey high above the American landscape to reveal the country as never seen before travelling through time, space and systems to reveal a nation of interdependent and intricately interwoven networks that feed and power the nation, produce millions of goods, transport people great distances and still come together to make America work.
Meet a pastor in DC who has led his ministry to go green. Discover the people responsible for managing the traffic in America’s skies.  Go inside the New York Mercantile Exchange.  And where else can you find programming that digs deep into your food trash and explains how less than 2% of the population can feed the other 98%? PBS and AMERICA REVEALED do just that, and it just all sounds fascinating! 

Beginning April 11th, Tuesdays at 10p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment about this post. Your comment has been submitted for review.