Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The World is Your Classroom at KLRN


Yesterday, I spent the day with K-12 educators at the Schertz Cibolo Universal City School District guiding them through our online video streaming service, KLRN Connect. During our discussion regarding all the great programming featured on KLRN, I was pleased to share with them the other KLRN Channels such as V-Me. I enticed the Spanish teachers to use this programming in the immersive classrooms or with ESOL students. I also had a Home Ec teacher declare her love for Julia Child and so I showed her where she could find her programs on the Create Channel. I will tell you she cried with glee when I showed her the PBS Player at http://video.pbs.org! There was Julia, in all her mallet-yielding glory, taking on a whole chicken with such style and grace that is only Julia. Go enjoy all of KLRN and Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment about this post. Your comment has been submitted for review.